The Subjective Truth

A blog for my philosophical, quasi-Buddhist, or humor-inspired musings.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

6-word science fiction

This is pretty awesome. Over on Wired, they got together a whole bunch of Sci-fi, horror, and other types of writers and asked them to write a story in just six words. I think the results were fantastic. A few of my favorites include:

Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so.
- Joss Whedon

From torched skyscrapers, men grew wings.
- Gregory Maguire

With bloody hands, I say good-bye.
- Frank Miller

The baby’s blood type? Human, mostly.
- Orson Scott Card

There are lots of good ones. You should head over there and take a look. This also got my brain cooking. Maybe we should have a six word story contest here on the blogs. Wouldn't that be fun?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Greene (and His Orchestra) said...

Totally! I'm on it.

11:39 PM  
Blogger bookmunkie said...

OSC in the hizzouse! What WHAT!

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home