The Subjective Truth

A blog for my philosophical, quasi-Buddhist, or humor-inspired musings.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

So, I know I said I wasn't going to post things about myself on this blog...

But this seems important enough to mention. Plus, it's a positive thing, so I don't believe I'm really breaking my own rules.

Tuesday, I joined the University of Oklahoma Rugby team. Two days ago, I touched a rugby ball for the first time in my entire life. It's alright though because I played soccer in third grade and football in seventh grade and rugby is kind of like a mixture of the two. I made it about halfway through practice on Tuesday before passing out wheezing so I decided to give 'er one more go today and to bring water this time. I made it all the way to the end! You know what they say, "what doesn't kill you severely maims you" ...er I mean, "it makes you stronger!"

You all are probably wondering why I did such a ridiculous thing. The idea of going to the practice on Tuesday was sort of random, but the reason was not. I've been thinking for a while now that if I'm trying to better myself as a person perhaps I should work at making myself healthier and more physically fit, as well. So, voila, I joined the rugby team.

2 Comments:

Blogger di hu said...

wow, isn't that like violent to the extreme!!!!

10:57 AM  
Blogger bookmunkie said...

Why's that dude holding a dinosaur egg? Is he going to cook it for his friends on MTV Cribs Dave Chapelle style? 'Cause that'd be the ballin'est shit ever!

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home