The Subjective Truth

A blog for my philosophical, quasi-Buddhist, or humor-inspired musings.

Friday, May 22, 2009

A Riddle...

Lynette gave me this riddle yesterday and I thought it was pretty clever. I'm going to share it with you folks.

What is the only nine letter word in the English language from which you can remove one letter at a time and be left with a real English word after each removal? The answer is startling.

I don't know if the assumption the riddle rests on is actually factual, but it's still pretty neat.


I have no idea how far I actually ran today because I spent at least 45 minutes running back and forth trying to calibrate my pedometer. I think it's still not calibrated correctly, or maybe I just have to accept the fact that a five dollar pedometer is just not going to be that accurate. I don't really believe my jogging stride is 42 inches, but that's not a question that a tape measure, some wet grass, and some dry cement can't answer.

It was really freaking humid this morning. I could see my breath at 50 degrees Fahrenheit. It felt like I was drowning more and more with each step. Each breath was a literal gulp of air.

ran: 1 mile (recorded), 1.5 miles (estimated)

crunches: 0

push-ups: 0

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home