The Subjective Truth

A blog for my philosophical, quasi-Buddhist, or humor-inspired musings.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Poetry (!!!)

Even though I love writing, I'm fairly certain I haven't written a poem in about ten years. Here's one for all you monkeys that like to IM me at silly hours of the morning.

You Keep Me Up At Night

I look outside the window
Is that the morning twilight?
I start to type, "I have to go..."
You keep me up at night

My finger hovers over "enter"
I hesitate to write
The truth is, I like it better
That you keep me up at night

I begin to push the "backspace" key
You ask, "what were you going to say?"
Nothing, it was silly
I didn't mean it anyway

I take my chili dog and bite through
It's cold, but tastes just right
When I have the munchies, it's not just you
That keeps me up at night

Even though you're far away
I feel as though my friend is here
There is nothing that we cannot say
From religion, to politics, to screwing in the rear

So, even though the birds are singing
And the sky is slowly turning bright
And even though I'm not baking or dreaming
I like it when you keep me up at night

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:(( And here I was thinking it was just for me :p LAAAAMMMMMEEE.

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This may be true. But at least my cuteness makes up for it :D

3:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I suppose you've got me there. :)

4:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course. Thats what I do.

lol I'm in a mood...







To be narcasitic (you pervert). lol

4:03 AM  
Blogger Mr. Greene (and His Orchestra) said...

Cold chili dogs? Screwing in the rear? Ewwww...

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home